Life
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
For those of you who are not aware or already think I have left, I am leaving with the Peace Corps this Sunday, February 10. On Sunday, I will be flying from Orange County to Washington DC for a 2-day orientation with about 50 other volunteers. Then, on Feb 13, I will fly out to Honduras to begin my 3 months worth of training. Scary!
So right now, it is Saturday night, and I have 12 hours left until I depart. I am hardly packed (as in not at all), and I barely know where to begin. My job for the next couple of days is to spend time with peoples and somehow cram 2+ years of my life into 2 carryon bags & 2 check-in bags (which are supposed to weigh at most 80 lbs total). Thank goodness I am no longer a Thai Spice employee, or else I would not have time to prepare at all!
Speaking of which, the last seven months of my life have been CONSUMED by the job of being the manager of one of my mom's restaurants. It's been a great learning experience, but I must say that I have shed more blood, sweat, tears and pounds than I ever expected to. I am very grateful to everyone I have met at the restaurant, for you all have made life very exciting and enriching for me. I'm going to miss you all! On another note, I would like to apologize to anyone with whom I have lost some contact with these past months. Working should not be an excuse to not talk to anyone. I will try much harder while I am away to keep in contact with you all!